Spring Branch Academy, in Jonesville, Michigan, is a private Christian middle school and high school with a liberal arts curriculum. Our experienced educators use challenging classical methods to teach our students how to learn and think, not just what to think. Our college-style class schedule promotes wisdom, worship, and maturity in our students.
Our students come from different educational backgrounds including homeschool, public school, and private school. New parents often approach us with one or more of the following thoughts:
- Is there another option for middle school or high school?
- I’m too overwhelmed to homeschool alone, especially in the more difficult school subjects.
- We’re seeking a curriculum with a Christian worldview.
- We’re concerned about the morality of public schools.
At Spring Branch Academy, we foster an atmosphere of faith and joy that helps our students grow in maturity for their God-given vocation. Parents gain educational help while students enjoy classroom interaction and learn self-management under God. Classes meet two to three days per week and juniors and seniors have a modified schedule that allows them to participate in career or technical education classes if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a complete list of frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ page.
- When was the school founded? 2012.
- How many students are enrolled? Currently, twenty-three students from twenty-one different families.
- How many teachers does the school have? For the 2023-2024 school year, the school will have five experienced teachers and one chaplain.
- What does classical education mean? Classical education includes trivium (Greek, logic, rhetoric), quadrivium (mathematics/science), humanities (history/literature), and theology (twelve topics in philosophy, Christianity, and family-life).
- How far do students travel to attend? Students typically live in a 30-mile radius from Jonesville, Michigan.
- Are there any athletic or art programs? Students are involved in extra-curricular activities through other organizations.
- What is the relationship of the school to Countryside Bible Church? The school is a ministry of the church.
Ready to Learn More?
If you have questions or would like to enroll your student in Spring Branch Academy, please contact the director, Pastor Bob Snyder at 517-849-7035.