Spring Branch Academy, in Jonesville, Michigan, is a private Christian high school with a liberal arts curriculum. Our experienced educators use challenging classical methods to teach our students how to learn and think, not just what to think. Our college-style class schedule promotes wisdom, worship, and maturity in our students.
Our students come from different educational backgrounds including homeschool, public school, and private school. New parents often approach us with one or more of the following thoughts:
- Is there another option for high school?
- I’m too overwhelmed to homeschool alone, especially in the more difficult high school subjects.
- We’re seeking a curriculum with a Christian worldview.
- We’re concerned about the morality of public schools.
At Spring Branch Academy, we foster an atmosphere of faith and joy that helps our students grow in maturity for their God-given vocation. Parents gain educational help while students enjoy classroom interaction and learn self-management under God. Classes meet two to three days per week and juniors and seniors have a modified schedule that allows them to participate in career or technical education classes if desired.
COVID-19 Response and Upcoming School Year Plan
This past school year, the coronavirus presented some unusual challenges, but the Lord enabled us to switch quickly to online studies. Although we missed being together, we finished the year with many video and audio lessons, in addition to our college-style scheduling of reading and writing. This school year, we plan to offer in-person instruction for the duration of the year. For exact details, especially regarding face coverings, please consult our Preparedness Plan. Note: As of late October, due to changes in the status of the state executive orders, some of the details of this plan have been relaxed.
May the Lord Jesus, who is sovereign over all, bless this school year!
Frequently Asked Questions
- When was the school founded? 2012.
- How many students are enrolled? Currently, twenty-one students from fifteen families.
- How many teachers does the school have? Three experienced teachers.
- What does classical education mean? Classical education includes trivium (Greek, logic, rhetoric), quadrivium (mathematics/science), humanities (history/literature), and theology (twelve topics in philosophy, Christianity, and family-life).
- How far do students travel to attend? Students typically live in a 30-mile radius from Jonesville, Michigan.
- Are there any athletic or art programs? Students are involved in extra-curricular activities through other organizations.
- What is the relationship of the school to Countryside Bible Church? The school is a ministry of the church.
Ready to Learn More?
If you have questions or would like to enroll your student in Spring Branch Academy, please contact the director, Pastor Bob Snyder at 517-849-7035.